1. Please read carefully the rules below.
2. Music for Class 45 to be submitted by 1st November 2016.
3. Where the services of the official accompanist are required MUSIC MUST BE SUPPLIED before Friday, 7th October 2016.
4. Irrespective of the number of entries, if in the opinion of the Adjudicators, a sufficiently high standard is not attained in any class, Trophies and Medals may be withheld.
5. Please note choral competitions will be held in Coláiste Chraobh Abhann, Newcastle Road, Kilcoole
1. The decision of the Adjudicator is FINAL.
2. Competitors must be under the stated age on the 1st July, 2016.
3. The Closing Date for entries is Friday, 7th October 2016. Entry fees must accompany all entries.
SOLOS €6.00 per entry
DUETS €12.00 per entry
CHOIRS €35.00 per entry
RECORDER ENSEMBLE €6.00 per head
CHAMBER ENSEMBLE €6.00 per head
VERSE SPEAKING SOLOS €6.00 per entry
ORCHESTRA €35.00 per entry
4. Choirs must not exceed sixty (60).
5. Competitors must be entered on the official Entry form, a copy of which is on the centre page of this syllabus, or which can be downloaded from www.kilcoolemusicfestival.ie. Please photocopy the official form if entering more than 10 competitors.
6. The Festival Committee reserves the right to refuse an invalid entry.
7. Other than in choral competitions, competitors must be accompanied by the Official Accompanist.
8. Competitors must sing with piano accompaniment, which will be played in the published key. This includes Irish singing competitions.
9. Competitors intending to sing in other keys MUST FORWARD WITH THEIR ENTRY, a clear copy of the transposed music.
10. A competitor may not sing or play more than once in any one ensemble competition.
11. *Pat Byrne Memorial Cup. This competition is confined to competitors residing in Kilquade Parish. The entrants must not have won any competitions in the festival in previous years.
12. In the verse speaking competitions the Test Piece must be chosen from the options listed. Intending competitors needing copies should contact 8 Sea Road, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow.
13. Orchestras and ensemble groups must bring their own music stands.
14. All trophies won in 2015 should be engraved and returned not later than 30th September 2016